Thursday, July 01, 2021

One of my favourite patterns - New Look 6093

 I first made New look 6093 back in 2015, first with a pink & white plaid stretch woven cotton. I loved the fact the dress was shaped very differently then current dresses I was still buying at the store. What I've recently realized is that it's a 1940's inspired dress, most likely a late 40's pin-up style. I've found a few other dresses made like this one with bias side pieces when researching.  So far all of the ones I've made have been with some form of cotton. Next time I make this dress, I want to make it in a flowy rayon .

One of the things I love about this pattern is that it has a reasonably full skirt but it's not using tons of fabric. I tend to prefer dresses with less fabric than more and I like my dresses above the knee so that I'm less likely to trip. Believe it or not, when I wear long dresses with full skirt, I'm far more clumsy.

New Look 6093 - 40's inspired dress.       


Made this one in 2015


This one was made in 2017 with quilting fabric from Atlantic Fabrics. It's a stained glass effect with dragonflies


This one was made in 2018 with Quilting cotton



 With some colourful cotton batik - Last one I made but never took a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!