Sunday, June 27, 2021

No sympathy for Catholic Church

 Most people know I'm an ex-Catholic. I decided at age 6 that the Catholic religion was full of hypocrites and I would rather go to hell than follow it's teachings. 

 

The Catholic church has been in the news lately in regards to residential school. I can't imagine the trauma families must have felt having to part with their children.

 

 Why the church isn't apologizing is beyond me. But then pedophile priests still get quietly shuffled around to new locations instead of being defrocked. 

 

It's part of a same pattern. The rich, those in power ( in the church) can do no wrong. They can break every single law of man and with contrition and prayer be absolved.

 

My mom on her death bed said if she was refused heaven because she refused to say she was a sinner and have the last rights... she didn't want to go to heaven. 

 

I was traumatized in church. My mom was often sick when I was little and my mom would let me go to Sunday mass alone. I'd usually go to pray that my mom would be better. When I went alone I'd sit in the middle front pew. At 6 I was quite thin and short and didn't look much more than 5. 

 

That particular Sunday, once mass started an intellectually deficient young adult came, pushed me over and sat next to me near the aisle. He prevented me from going to communion and kept me captive in the seat until 10 minutes past the end of the service. This was in full view of the priest and the entire congregation. ( I was kept captive in total  for about an hour) 

 

Not one person came to save me.  But by the time I got home half the parish had called my mom to tell her what happened. 

 

That day I lost my faith. All these people in their Sunday best watched me being bullied and did nothing...  they didn't want to disrupt the service. They thought it was ok for an adult to hurt a small child in plain view. 

 

I've never been angry at the adult who bullied me. He didn't understand. But that day I lost respect for most adults and most people.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!