Monday, April 19, 2021

Thoughts about COVID-19

Since being sick last March I've never been quite the same. 

First there's the insomnia..I don't think I've slept more than 4 hours continuous in the past year more than a few times. Most nights are a series of one or two hours, where I'm exhausted when I wake up. I've always had disordered sleep but it's gotten far worse. 


Then there's the herpes outbreaks. I usually get cold sores in my nose at the peak of my allergies usually late june/early july. In a bad year I might get 2 more outbreaks either from having a virus or fighting one. 


Until 2020 I'd never even taken antivirals for my outbreaks. But the one I had July 2020 was so bad I thought I had shingles. I was prescribed valacyclovir. Since then I had 7 other outbreaks all treated with valacyclovir. 

The other fun thing... migraines. Other than always having been prone to light induced migraines, and allergy induced migraines... i just get more of them, more often. Some mornings just looking outdoors to see if it's a sunny day is enough to trigger a migraine. Then it goes downhill. I become more sound sensitive and just sensitive to sensory input. 

With the migraines seems to travel arthritis. I've had it to varying degrees for some time but since I was sick March 2020 it's far worse far more often. Some days it hurts to cut a vegetable or open a juice container. My hands are clumsier and I have no strength in them.  I've almost dropped glasses. Suddenly the pain is unbearable and I have no strength. 

Other than that my memory has gotten worse. I still remember what happen 30 years ago but not what I did yesterday or last week. My cognitive skills are worst. It takes a huge effort to write a text like this whereas in the past I could write double in half the time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!