Monday, April 12, 2021

The Kelty bug and kitchen shelter.

I found this posts in the drafts. This has been an amazing addition to my camping equipment.
 
 It's great to protect you against bugs at night, rain when it's pissing rain as you can see from my first photo. The mesh is fine enough that even in heavy rain, it prevents from raining inside or on the picnic table. Only downside, unless you put a stick on top of your picnic table to hold the roof taunt, water will accumulate. But a few pokes and it will slip off to the sides. 

It's also good to protect me against the midday sun where I tend to cook and burn. During the day, if you're out with no shade, you'll want both doors open to let air through, as it gets warm. This is great for spring & fall camping. 

It fits a traditional size picnic table with room to walk around. You build the shelter and with the help of a friend put it over the table, and picket it in place. I found it easy to assemble. 

The biggest downside, it almost became airborn at Parlee Beach provincial park. The ground was hard as rock so the pickets didn't hold very well. One gust of wind and the Kelty bug Shelter was ready to saunter down the path. Luckily one of our neighbours used a mallet to put in 2 pickets for us as we had wandered off when it happened.

I'm really happy so far with my purchase of Kelty's medium bug blocker shelter.


Kelty bug shelter in the rain


Kelty bug shelter at Parlee Beach Provincial Park NB


Bug Shelter and tent at The Islands Provincial Park NS


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!