Saturday, June 25, 2011

I need a new pair of Rafters Antigua style sandals.

Antigua Rafter red sandals
I picked up at Winners in 2007 two pairs of Rafters 'Antigua' model sandals. They were probably one of the best buys I did in years. This is a flip flop but with more straps. The sole appears to be made from old tires.

What can I say? It is probably the most comfortable flip flop I've ever owned. I have weak ankles and generally if I walk long distances I will need ankle support. These flip flops have sufficient arch support that I can walk all day in them and not get sore feet, sore back, or sore ankles.  I walked probably more then 10km at Petra some of it up hill wearing these. I think I might have twisted my foot once, and a minor twist, didn't even hurt the next day. I love the fact that the sandals have a fairly good grip unless the ground is wet tiles. The fact the straps are made of fabric prevents blisters that plastic might give on a hot day.  The sole is so flexible that it follows both your foot and the ground you're stepping on, and gives you a good grip for a flip flop.

Antigua Rafters Green Sandals
My problem? Both of my pairs are getting dead. They've been with me around Cyprus and Lebanon in June 2007, They've travelled with me in Dubai in December of 2007. They travelled around cape Breton in September of 2009. They've been around Lebanon, Syria and Jordan in September of 2010.  They are great for travel. Take almost no room in a bag and are perfect for walking long distances in the torrid heat.

I need new pairs but I cannot find them in Quebec. I cannot find stores that appear to ship them to Canada. I'm so jonesing for a new pair of Rafter Antigua's, size 6. If someone can tell me where to find them near Montreal, Quebec, I'd be forever grateful.

Heck if you scroll down to previous blog entry about Dubai, I'm wearing my red/orange ones on 3 of the pictures. See if you can spot them :P

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! I was looking for a review of these flip flops and I found your blog! If you still want to buy a pair of your beloved brand you can find it here:
    http://www.rei.com/product/865019/rafters-antigua-ring-flip-flops-womens-special-buy-

    Its a canadian store too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have since bought new pairs, and while they are as comfortable, I had to scrape one layer of fabric off the soles because they were too slippery indoors. Otherwise I was as satisfied with the newer models. They are still my favourite walking sandals for hot summer days.

      Delete

Thank-you for leaving a comment!