Thursday, November 20, 2014

First piece of art since June 2011.

This piece is called bottled emotions. It is my first chalk pastel since my teens. My preferred medium since 2007 has been oil pastels, though I've done a few acrylic paint pieces. But they are rare.

Bottled Emotions - November 18th, 2014.
This was all about emotion. It was drawn quickly on impulse almost like if I didn't go fast I would lose the momentum and not finish the piece. I drew it while listening to trainspottin  by primal scream. over and over. It just is.

Hopefully this is the start of a new prolific drawing season. Long winter nights inspire dreams of northern lights... I have so many unfinished drawings in my notebooks that may well stay unfinished. sometimes the space I was in when I started those other drawings, I'm not ever going to be in again.. hard to finish in a different space...  At least for me.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!