Sunday, May 15, 2011

Adonis makes hubby pine for home.

Hubby decided yesterday to go to the large Adonis on Sources blvd, near Anselme Lavigne. Why one would go there on a Saturday is beyond me. Just trying to get into the parking lot is infuriating enough for me. I tend to only go there on week days generally, in the middle of the afternoon where I'm the least likely having to argue with hordes of pushy people. I take the same approach for going shopping at Costco. 

Apparently hubby found the right type of za'atar there along with his favourite halawa and labneh. He found other stuff too that was "typically Lebanese" to the point that when he came back home he was all homesick. It felt like the chaos of Lebanon he told me. 

I'm not sure why he never went before. We pass in front of it on our way to work and our on way home from work. You'd think he would have noticed just by the parking lot that it was Lebanese chaos :)  I mean he's been pining for stuff for a while and he hasn't been able to find everything at Akhavan, you'd think he would have stopped at Adonis earlier. Just saying...

2 comments:

  1. i had a feeling you would blog about that :P

    i avoided the place for there years because something told me i would find exactly that right there... pure Lebanese chaos... right here in in Quebec... it would have been too out-of place for me and would have delayed my assimilation even greater... i needed to immerse my self in life here... to re-learn how to live in this new world. i avoided it because i knew it would remind me too much of home and what i had turned my back too... just long enough for me to learn this new life of mine... not to abandon my past.... its the old duality in me that never quiets down... to focus on one thing at a time.. even though i see a picture far too big... a dyslexic's way of learning... but now i can face it.... and i know where to go and get more fat... the pastries... the appetizers... the special marinated meat.. Armenia soujuk sausages... makanek.. shawerma.. the real stuff too... as real as can be at least... maybe not the best but close enough 10,000 KM away from its place of origin.

    i had to literally drag my self from all the sweet pastries.... mmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* Now you will be complaining about how fat you are :P

    I thought you didn't care for desert so what's up with this pastry stuff?

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment!