Sunday, June 10, 2007

Day 1 in Beirut

I was hoping I would not get same sensation as in Weymontachi, where I just wanted to run away from there as fast as possible. Right now it feels really calm. I've seen dozen's of army check points but that's all I've seen.

Today I got to see a bit of Beirut. Samer took me to his university, to his favorite coffee shop, "The coffee shop", and to a little restaurant on the Corniche near the Roche rock, or "La grotte aux pigeons". We also went back to the waterfront with his friend Patil to Rawda Cafe, which Samer tells me is one of the older cafe's around that area.

So far I've met his mom, Patil, and his old boss, choir director and friend, Leila. I'm always so incredibly shy with people when I first meet them. But I got a warm fuzzy feeling from all three.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!