Tuesday, December 12, 2006

What wallpaper?

The process has started. I've started removing the wallpaper in my kitchen. I mean no offense to the wallpaper, but after 6 years, I've had enough of it. I'm not crazy about wall paper to begin with, and in all the years I've owned homes, I've never been tempted to completely wall paper a room.

Tonight, I decided I could remove the wallpaper on the kitchen counter back splash area. Someone had covered the ceramic tiles there with wallpaper. I was expecting the tiles to be absolutely hideous. They're not. The tiles are just very boring/bland. The main color of the tile is some shade of off-white. Every 2nd tile has this design with some muted pink and grays. Not particularly kitchen colors.

Dunno if in the new kitchen the tiles will be left as is, or covered with something else. I mean I'm not even sure I like the tiles next to the oak cabinets. But I don't like the kitchen counter either against the oak cabinets. But it's a 40 + year old house. You can tell various owners leaving their mark on this house. Someone liked green. Between the green kitchen, green living room, green roof..

I found removing the wallpaper highly therapeutic. I'm the type of person you give a beverage to in a glass bottle, and get back a bottle completely stripped of it's label. And of course I had to do this after midnight, despite the fact that I wasn't feeling well. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!