Thursday, December 31, 2015

Goodbye 2015. Please leave the building now!

Thank God 2015 is coming to an end. I always liked the number 15 being born on the 15th, but 2015 was a crappy year overall.

The first day of 2015, I woke up to the death of a favourite co-worker. Two weeks later, I find out an acquaintance has lost her son to suicide, he was only 14. While most wouldn't understand why it affected me, it did because I suffer from deep seated social anxiety and have had suicidal ideation. It really did my head in. I really empathize with this person over her loss. I can't imagine what I would have done would it have been one of my children.

Then came March and my uncle's death. From that point on I had a hard time leaving my home, and was like that for months.  I knew I suffered from some anxiety, I hadn't realized how much social anxiety I suffer, and was diagnosed to have Generalized Anxiety Disorder or GAD.   Until that point, my therapist I'd been seeing over 4 years hadn't realized it.  I mean he knew I had some anxiety but I don't think he ever suspected I had as much anxiety as I do.

Between missing 3 months of work, arguing with the insurance that I was sick and arguing with the Quebec Gov't over my taxes, it's been rough financially too.

I also lost several friends in 2015 for all sorts of reasons, but some years are like that. I tend to have some drastic changes in my life every 10 or so years, where my entire life situation changes and everything is different. 

The only good to have come out of 2015 was meeting my new significant other, that I have been dating now for 8 months.    Otherwise, 2015 was a crappy year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!