Friday, October 17, 2014

stress sucks

Here I thought I left work at work, that I'd learned to handle my stress and  so on.

Wednesday when my friend picked me up from the train station and asked how I was doing and explained that my lower abdomen was in a knot and I had waves of nausea, she suggested it was stress and then perhaps that it was my date tonight that was doing it.

Well no. While I do get nervous before a date {usually in the 30 minutes before it happens} never to this level. However today was the major release that has probably been the source of my lower abdomen distress.

I had stomach issues also about 3-4 weeks ago. Also before the beta release. This project has been particularly stressful. I'm used to working with a team of engineers who can generally fix anything I throw at them.  If the software issue I find, turns out to be hardware or ASIC, we can find a work-around. Our engineers are really creative at circumventing windows limitations even.  Sadly because this is a joint effort with another company, well some problems will never get resolved.  I'm not used to having to live with what I consider nasty bugs, and which I feel lowers the quality of the product.

So essentially this release has really stressed me.  And of course the nasty pains came out MONDAY after 3 idyllic days spent with my friends in Kingsbury. In fact the stomach pains came out pretty bad the last afternoon I was supposed to be there. 

Today finally I woke up without my tummy in a knot. Sure I made the packages for web release yesterday and by quitting time, nothing catastrophic had been found. One wrong string that I suspect is stuck in cement, which makes things look inconsistent, but certainly not a show stopper!


1 comment:

  1. Sammy9:12 am

    I have the same type of 'non' stress as you do. Things don't stress me until the moment of, unless it's BIG things which give me nauseating stress :X

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment!