Monday, May 05, 2014

It's been strange.

I'm realizing that despite spending some time chilling in front of my laptop, I also seem to have a reasonably active life.

Two weeks ago I was in Ottawa, Ontario on the Monday and in Fredericton, New Brunswick on the Friday [Well early Saturday morning].  With side trip in the townships before the trip to Fred to get a trailer.

I think the funniest part of the trip was the car we first spotted when you get off the 20 at Riviere du Loup and end up on the 185 I think?   He was parked on the side of the road with his 4 way flashers, and we noticed the car was so full of stuff, and the most noticeable was the large bin on the hood, that was duck taped to the hood.   That send us in a long series of bin jokes. "Bin there done that, got the tshirt"... I don't need to expand.  The funny part is that we must have passed the car 4 times and they passed us easily 3 times. They had an Alberta plate. We were willing to bet we'd run into them the next day someone around Gagetown and we would have gone up to them and said "Bin here before?

When my eldest realized I was in Fred, and it's not that far from Halifax, she and her bf decided that a road trip was warranted.  Also I've realized this young man is defacto my son in law.  I know my daughter and I can tell her mind is made up. Comments like would I be able to make her a medieval wedding dress, or she'll be having babies within the next couple of years lead you to that conclusion. It was nice I got to spend 5 hours with them.   I was beaming the rest of the day.

This past week-end I returned the trailer to it's owners in the townships. And though it was just a short stay I enjoyed spending time with my friends.  I'm happy and in a good space after leaving them.

It's made me realize that I'm in a good place in my life.  I spend most of my time seeing the negatives, but the positives are there too. I have really awesome friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!