Thursday, May 15, 2014

Friends with benefits, harder to find then hoped

I had met a guy on POF sometime in mid April, he was older then I usually go for and not exactly my type but he had a lot going for him that I thought might make it fun as a FWB. However it turned out he was far more looking for a committed relationship then advertised.

I can be socially inept and have a hard time reading between the lines, but sometimes I can read the clues. Like he was more interested in cuddling then sex.   I can get cuddling from any of my friends. Most would probably enjoy if I was more cuddly from time to time.  It's the sex I want dammit!

I tended to find him very critical. Usually when you meet someone knew you should be all looking at the new shiny instead of criticizing. First it was my sleeping habits, he had the nerve to say that perhaps I hadn't looked at all options to manage to sleep longer every night.  Then there was the rant about how my strange dietary habits didn't make it easy to socialize with others as meals are a social thing.

But his bringing up certain things as deal breakers for a long term relationship last Sunday night, got my shackles up. What long term relationship? I don't want to be his girlfriend.  Especially not of a guy who drinks and gambles. I've had my share of people who drink and frankly I don't want you near me if you smell of alcohol. He was never near me without having 5-6 glasses of wine.  Shudder.

So writing an email to say I won't see him again.    Been on several dating sites since last August and well... it's been mostly catch and release.  Most of the guys I write to, never write back and so few of the ones who write to me have anything remotely exciting to say. 

But honestly I don't want a long term relationship. I just want to have someone I can go camping with or canoeing with from time to time and talk to sometimes and also as a sex partner.  I have enough good friends in my life I don't need more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!