Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Cold sores

Apparently my stress levels haven't gone down, as I woke up this morning with a large festering cold sore on the edge of my right nostril. It's leaking and swelled up. Will not be pretty later today. And I didn't even blow my nose, like wtf? 

I have an intern that is really pissing me off. Other then the fact he pulled a fast one last week - he left at noon on Friday, didn't ask for permission, just said goodbye to colleagues near his desk and left at lunch time!  He also tried to put overtime on his  timesheet which despite fact interns cannot do overtime.  He's also ignored my direct orders and not run the tests I asked him to run, to debug a problem he found and I didn't want engineers to waste their time on.   I asked him to run a script overnight at 4:30 pm. Despite not leaving before 6pm he didn't manage to ask or run the test I asked him overnight.   Not to outdo himself, he did it again last night. Two days in a row. 

Sadly this poor intern is now in my cross hairs. I'm a great boss for people with motivation,and initiative, I give you a lot of latitude to do your thing.  Don't do something to blow my trust. Once it's blown I trust nothing you do or say. This student has managed to make it there with his mistakes the past 2 weeks. What did he did because his mid-term evaluation was good that it was a reason to start being a moron? Does he not realize that he's also getting evaluated at the end and I will not forget how he disobeyed direct instructions.

1 comment:

  1. That happens here too. Fuck up too many times and people start to dislike you, but since we're a family and the person is invariably a trainee that isn't part of the crew, they basically screw themselves over with not just their own department, but ALL the departments. And when that happens, you get blacklisted, and the ship is unlikely to allow you to come back. Just happened with my last 2 trainees. If you don't want to be there, GTFO, we have no time for you. :X

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment!