Monday, June 04, 2012

Winzip driver updater = SPAM

I generally liked Corel and it's applications but I'm really NOT impressed with Winzip Driver updater. This piece of garbage installs itself without asking, and I suspect it came along with BitTorrent because the only 2 locations I've ever seen it has been on my systems with BIT TORRENT. 

And when you uninstall it, the damn software has the gall of asking why I'm uninstalling and it doesn't have the choice to answer "because it was an invasive piece of spam that installed itself without me asking".  Seriously, if you have respectable software you don't need to install yourself via  a back door. 

I have little respect for software that installs itself in a sneaky way like most annoying tool bars. I don't need 200 fucking tool bars on my damn browser.  It's laggy enough as is to browse with Firefox [which is a memory hog] then to have to deal with extra tool  bars.

Let me tell you either way, the Winzip Driver updater was removed as fast as I could find it's uninstall.  I have no INTEREST in trying out junk that installs itself like a virus. You want to be a respectable software, only install yourself on PC's who's owners have requested you.

3 comments:

  1. When you're installing Bittorrent or any software, never just hit next next next, there's an option NOT to install this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny for this insight.

    Sadly as I work installing software all the time, it's just habit to hit next, if I read half of the text install programs give me or the licence agreements, I'd spend all day doing just that and not installing much.

    I now watch bittorrent more carefully when I install it. But it's still sleazy of Corel to install like that. My opinion won't change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I Totally Agree

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment!