Saturday, June 23, 2012

Rafter Antigua sandals

I blogged about a year ago that I gotten some Antigua sandals. Originally I was pleased to have found them and them somewhat disappointed. The pair with the black straps were a touch too tight and it hurt my little toe to walk in them.  Thankfully, since I wore them around the house during winter while my feet were not swelled seems to have broken them in a bit, I can now wear them with swelled feet and they no longer hurt my little toe.

Also I had read on a website someone not pleased because she found them slippery on wet pavement and that hadn't been my experience with my original pairs of Antigua's. Sadly it was true with the new pair. They changed the way they do the sole of the sandal and these 3 new pairs were a lot slipperier then my original 2 pairs. 

I had been dragging my feet while wearing my black strapped pair in hopes that if the surface of the sandal sole was rougher, they would not be so slippery and made an interesting discovery. It seems that there's a form of synthetic fabric layer glued to the sole. It mostly peeled off my sandals and since then they much less slippery on wet surface.

I am now in the process of wearing down the pink and blue strapped pairs so that I can peel that fabric layer off them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!