Thursday, June 14, 2007

Internet in the hills of Cyprus

Samer figured out how to get the internet going on his PDA today with the memory chip for his pay as you go he got for Cyprus. This permitted us to go on gmail and on facebook. I realized I did not have hair pins to hold the flowers in my hair. My gut told me that Steve would be at the golf today and so we asked him to drop in on us on the way back from golf. We went to the nearest store which is a grocery/pharmacy - a Cash & Carry to find hair pins.

It's amusing, now that I've been making meals for the past 4 days Samer seems to trust my cooking. I guess he was really 'traumatized' by his mom's cooking. It's one of the first times I cook with a gas stove. I like the speed at which things cook compared to my electrical range top I have at home. Today I made pasta with a lentil tomato sauce. I had fried some chopped garlic, onions, green peppers & carrots. Added the lentils and tomato sauce. Turned out pretty good, considering I don't have any of my cooking spices.

I've been afraid that food will be bland since all I have for seasoning is salt & pepper. For lunch we had a tomato, cucumber, onion, carrot and black Olive salad, with lemon and Olive oil as dressing, along with the baby potatoes from last night.

Tonight we walkede about 1 hour. We took another road, which claimed to be 5 km to the village of Akapnou. But I think their signs are wrong. Took us longer to walk to the golf which they claim is 1km away!

Picked up some cat food for my Baby and her babies today. She's this white cat with splotches, that seems to have 3 kittens. She's so incredibly skinny, I've been feeling compelled to feed her. Had been giving her milk the past 2 days but while they like it, I know it's not good for their digestive track. Got her some Whiska's dried cat food, 2 small bags. One of tuna, one of beef. She eats it so fast. Hopefully I will put some weight on her in the 2 weeks i'm here, so she can better fend for herself later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!