Friday, June 08, 2007

Flying to Beirut Today

Already that I hate flying, for starters I found out that while my flights were confirmed, Travelocity had not reserved my vegetarian meals. It didn't help any that I was so busy getting my government issues, notarized, government stamped documents, that I only called to confirm my flight today.

The plane was late arriving from Toronto due to thunderstorms and so it left at least 30 minutes late. And just to make life interesting, as I sat in the plane I realized that there was lightning outside. Prediction is that we will arrive at least 15 minutes late at Heathrow, which if nothing else will keep my 3 hour stop-over shorter.

The plane appeared full, not surprising, more people travel in June then when I had last traveled in February. I was a mixture of bored, stressed and exhausted today. Oh and the first smell that hit me boarding the plane was the smell of urine. Such a delightful aroma. Thankfully in the back of the plane the smell is much better then in the business class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!