Wednesday, September 20, 2017

We were both treated like common criminals at Jean Coutu

Last night Terry and I decided to go to Jean Coutu around 8:30 PM. We went to the one on Sources, near the Sheng Tai Asian market.Terry stopped at the shampoos and I wandered off looking for Dove unscented body wash for his daughter who seems to have skin as sensitive as my eldest daughter and myself.

While I was doing that apparently in the 5 minutes he looked at Shampoo's he was asked 3 times if he found what he was looking for. In the end he came home with conditioner and NO SHAMPOO. After being asked 3 times, he felt uncomfortable and felt he was being spied on, so he walked up and down all the aisles all the way to the chips, where he picked a bag and headed to the cash. A female clerk followed him through the store. He waited for me in the car because he didn't like the feeling of being treated like a crook.

After finding the Dove body wash I went up and down all the aisles looking for the hand lotion then I remembered it was near the makeup, so went down to find the new Glysomed for Eczema, since Zoey has eczema on her elbows and knees.  Then I noticed the nail polish behind me, and was looking through the different brands to find a nice shade of red.  I picked a bottle and dropped it. You'd think I'd have dropped something worth a $1000.  This clerk came running my way and gave me the dirtiest of looks when I picked it up. I continued looking at nail polish and this is when I realized she was watching me.  Then I went to find the Noxzema only to realize it was back in that aisle so came back. At that point she started to pretend to tidy stuff behind me and next to me. 

I wandered off again because I wanted to bring a bag of chips home and once I found that I remembered I needed new tweezers so ended back at the same aisle where the girl kept making sure I wasn't stealing.  At that point I should have handed her my basket and said "It's all in here, not in my purse, I wasn't stealing".  But I went to pay, and then found Terry waiting for me in the truck. I asked him why he didn't come to find me, and he said, "Because they were treating me like a thief".

He got followed around by the same clerk as me, the girl with the short brown curly hair and glasses, and a blue Jean Coutu jacket and then an older lady wearing a white Jean Coutu lab coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!