Monday, January 23, 2017

Lung function is 100%

When I don't have allergies or asthma.  When I do, well it's anyone's guess. However this is good news. After getting told off for "having the lungs of someone who's been a heavy smoker for 30 years" apparently my lung function is 100% when I don't have asthma, allergies or some infection.

Apparently asthmatics can show perfectly normal breathing tests when they are feeling fine, despite the fact that the breathing test appeared like one of the worst workouts that I'd done. It was done without any medications too.

At least it proves what I said to the doctors, that before I got sick with laryngitis, I had good lung function and I was as healthy as I Could be for someone who has lived with smokers all her life and who smoked at some point in her life.

The Doctor recommended that I take the steroid asthma meds twice a day. So I will be taking Pulmicourt for the rest of my life twice a day to keep my allergies at bay.

The other good news is that the Allergist's office called me back asking if I need an appointment. I called back and said what I need it for. Hopefully I will be called with an appointment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!