Friday, November 06, 2015

Maintenance of my house.

Since the beginning of 2015, the following has been changed or repaired in the house.  First there was the kitchen faucet that stayed in my hands when opened it one morning in April. My daughter and friend changed it for me.  At that point it was noticed the piece of pipe connecting the kitchen sink drain was old and rusted, and it was leaking, we'd put a bucket underneath. We finally changed it. Now there are no more metal rusty parts left. Now all in plastic under the kitchen sink

 Other then that in the bathroom en-suite my bedroom we changed the toilet flusher, the shower-head and the fluorescent light fixture.We've fixed the leak in the roof that was causing water to fall in through my bedroom closet light.  At the same time we sealed all the seams on the roofs of the house.

Now we are in the process of fixing the garage door. One of the springs had broken on the left side and one of the door hinges was broken.  The hinge has been replaced, the spring is giving us a hard time being installed, especially since the vice grips have gone missing.

NB: edited November 16tth,  I forgot the doorbell also died. Or rather decided to ring non stop. It was like my eldest was at the front door and really excited. Ding dong ding dong ding dong ... we had to disconnect it and then change it. Wound ring non stop! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!