Sunday, September 23, 2012

Everyday I still cry for Syria

Not a day goes by that I don't check what goes on in Syria. It's sad that such a beautiful country is being completely destroyed because a select few don't want to let go of power.  I can't help but think about the millions of Syrians who are stuck in this civil war now with no place to go.

I can't help but think about an entire generation of children growing in this. Seeing their families, relatives, neighbours, homes, towns, cities, way of life and I could go on about the things that are being destroyed. 

I know the 'rebels' have no choice. They have lost too much to stop fighting now.  The fight must go on. I support the rebels cause realizing that there are abuses done there too. How that will affect this society once war is over?

I think of Lebanon that was embroiled in civil war for the better part of 20 years and the shattered souls it left. It scares me to think that what is going on in Syria could very well spill over into Lebanon, as it has multiple times already, it could also spill into Turkey, and Jordan.  It probably scares the living daylights out of Israel as well.

I don't know what to think anymore.  I see more victims and more rage and the vicious cycle of violence rears it's ugly head.  I see that Bashar Al Assad is nothing more then a chip off the old block. A butcher just like his father. And like Gadaffi, he will not stop until he is dead.

I still cry for you Syria and keep hoping that there is soon an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!