Thursday, April 05, 2012

Co-worker has bathroom fetish

One woman at work seems to live in the bathroom. You can't go to the bathroom without bumping into her going in or coming out. She also walks through our department for each of her trips to the bathroom, and mostly wears clunky heels, so each time she wanders by, you hear "Clunk clunk clunk clunk..."

To give an example of a typical day, first she walks through our department when she arrives. Five to ten minutes later, she makes her first trip to the bathroom. Which results in her walking back five minutes later. Then in another ten minutes she walks to bathroom to wash her cup. Then she goes back to her desk. Then five minutes after that, walks past to go get hot beverage. Walks back to her desk. 

Fifteen minutes later, walks back to the bathroom and then back to her desk.  Then in another fifteen minutes she walks to bathroom with an orange, who needs to wash their orange before they peel it? Anyways, comes back to desk with orange. About 5 minutes later, walks back to bathroom, one assumes to wash her hands.  Then wait another fifteen minutes she's back to the bathroom, and then back to her desk.  You get the picture. It's endless. I believe she eats 3 different fruits in a day so each fruit gets its own trip to the bathroom for cleansing!  Like she couldn't wash her fruit at home for instance? Or in one trip?

I feel sorry for the guy who's work station is the hallway she clunks through way too often in a day. He gets to hear her up close and personal way too many times. I even hear it from my desk half of the time, but definitely hear it on some of my other work benches.

Personally, I'm lazy. When I go nuke my food in the microwave, I use the bathroom near the caf while waiting for the food to heat up.  Or if I need to go to the IT department, I might use the bathroom next it to and also fill my water bottle at the fountain all in one trip. I have better things to do with my time than wander the halls at work. 


1 comment:

  1. Some people look for an excuse to not work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment!