Sunday, March 13, 2011

Cooked today

I made an 8 bean salad with Berbere spice. I love the tang these spices adds to the salad.  Of course making bean salad, the only thing I'm cutting and cooking are the green & yellow beans. I could use canned, but I find they are way too salty. 

I also made a veggie Moroccan style tagine in my slow cooker. That should be ready around 9pm. It's interesting. It's made mostly out of root veggies but also includes orange juice and prunes.  It's full of all sorts of spices too.

The last dish I made today was a form of eggplant chickpea curry. That smelled really awesome. I'm currently cooking brown rice and millet to accompany both the curry and the tagine.  I made the house smell really good :)

Lately all I want is spicy food, and hot food. None of the food served here seems ever hot enough. I hope both my dishes come out with enough oumpft otherwise I'm going to have to learn to add cayenne to everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!