Thursday, March 22, 2007

Gros beta!

Just before Christmas, some of my team and I at work borrowed a beta VCR to convert old beta tapes to media files. I got 7 or 8 of my beta tapes converted. Last week I started making DVD's out of the image files. Not something I'm particularly good at, I even ended up making blank DVD's the first time around.

One of the beta's was a tape of my daughters, at random events where my ex happened to have taped them because we had access to a camera. First scene is daughter at maybe 10-12 months old. First in our apartment, then at the pool for her swimming lessons. If I remember correctly, there's also a christmas in Florida with my parents, and one birthday party of each daughter.

Those tapes had been lost to me pretty much since daughter was 5 years old, because a beta tape had gotten caught into the machine and she used a knife to try to retrieve it and killed the mechanism. I was incredibly grateful we had a co-worker whose dad had a beta VCR that we all got old beta tapes converted.

I had a point... to say that this morning I handed the DVD of the girls as toddlers to daughter along with birthday wish... I thought a trip in memory lane could be fun.

I also got the tape of my wedding 21 years ago on DVD, if nothing else it is highly entertaining because it was taken by bro-in-law who was totally intoxicated. His idea of stuff to tape was uhm interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!