Thursday, November 09, 2017

This is how you spend more than 50 years of your life without knowing you are autistic!

Yesterday I went to my therapist.  I did years ago both the MMPI and IQ tests after he diagnosed the ADHD and we went through the results again. Apparently there are new ways to interpret the MMPI and so he had an assistant put in his computer and had it processed electronically.

When I did the IQ test years ago all he told me was that I was way above normal. That doesn't mean much as normal is 100. Also between 95% of the population fall between 75 and 130. As it turns out I have very superior IQ, being that my score is 135.

This is consistent with other relatives.  My biological dad's IQ score is in the 130's.   I had Izzy tested when she was 3 and a half, not particularly to know her IQ but because she is born 7 days after the cut off for school and I felt it would be a shame that she would miss a year for 7 days. So she was tested. Her IQ ranges between 140 and 160.  I don't recall exact numbers, but there was a verbal and non verbal test done.  And one test she was in the 140's one test she was in the 160's.  This puts her closer to genius level.  I'm sure Sam is also in the same range between 130-160.  She was never tested but fits right in with the rest of us.

Here's something interesting, have you ever met someone with a high IQ who had good social skills? It seems the higher your intelligence the more awkward and less social skills you have? Which made me ask if all geniuses were almost always on the Autism spectrum?!?!? I was reading not too long ago that three times more autistic people have savant gifts than neurotypical people. I find it fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!