Friday, November 03, 2017

I'm finally protected against sewage backup.

Integra Plumbing came on Friday to fix some of my problems.  They dug out my hole in my basement and put a backup valve, this way water goes out but does not come in, even if the water rises.  While I had him there he changed the valve for the main water line coming into the house. He had me call the city the day before to close the water going to the house and the minute they arrived, he told the guy, wait 2 minutes, changed the valve and had the guy reopen the water before he left. So we had water.

He also changed the lid to the pipe next to the main water line. He put a backup valve on the pipe in the garage as well. This way when I do get around to selling my house I can say I have backup valves everywhere.

He also changed the two water taps that were on either side of the house, with taps that just close and will never freeze.

When it was time to put the backup valve on the main pipe in my house, he had to fish it because it was completely blocked. That cost an extra $150 but the good thing was he fished it all the way to the street, and then some and my pipe is still structurally sound.  If I'd have had to change it , would have cost $3000.   It also seems that my french drains are ok. When the plumber originally surveyed my property he said he would be really surprised if my pipe was damaged because I do not have big trees of the time that damage pipes.

He was right. All the work was done by 1 pm, and his price was pretty much what he had verbally quoted me, plus the $150 fishing plus the tax.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!