Friday, August 04, 2017

Day 7 - Whycocomagh, Marble Mountain and West Mabou Beach

We left battery park after seeing all 4 of the tall ships in St Peters and then stopping at the gift shop to look for souvenirs. I was disappointed that the dragonfly earrings I found were the same as the pair I bought last year.


On the Bras d'Or scenic drive. Hundreds of Licence plates

Better view of the licence plates
We drove to Whycocomagh from St Peters using the Bras d"Or scenic drive, stopping at Marble Mountain, which was probably the most scenic view on that part of the drive. We hadn't been on the road long, when I asked Terry to stop.

On Lac Bras d'Or McRaes point beach
Bras d'Or lake - Dunphe's cove?
Bras d'Or lake at  Dundee
This guy had licence plates hung on trees. Hundreds of them. Reminded me of my cousins used to have plates on their wall as children. The owner saw me taking pictures and came to say hello and said he'd been doing it for like 20 odd years, and yeah people have sent him plates from all over Canada! We saw a RCMP coming out of St Peters and one in West Bay around Bras d'Or lake.
Marble Mountain visitors park. Accessible by water and land
Bras d'Or lake viewed from roadside near Marble Mountain



We stopped at the Marble Mountain lookout.  We noticed that if we'd come by boat we could dock there too, and there was a road to go to the water, and a nice beach.  I had put my camera on the bench and when other people showed up we were in the car. A German tourist kept telling me "CAMERA" and after the third time I realized he meant I left my camera on the bench!
View of coast at Marble Mountain on Bras d'Or Lake

View of Marble Mountain whalf and beach
 We had site 31 at Whycocomagh and setup in the blistering sun, oh my God was it ever hot!!! After which we went to West Mabou beach. In fact we took the 252 to Mabou! I'd never taken the 252 all the way to Mabou. We also went to Fort hood, but never stopped, but we saw the beach was nothing special and near a trailer park campsite. He was looking for something for dinner and didn't like the restaurants around Fort hood, but we never checked Mabou.

West Mabou Beach

West Mabou Beach


West Mabou beach is one of the nicest beaches in Cape Breton, and there wasn't that much people. It's like mostly only the locals know it.

For dinner we ended up at Charlene's Bayside in Whycocomagh. I had the haddock he had the fish sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!