Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Day 4 - We end up in Mira River because Cape Breton Highlands National park is COMPLETELY BOOKED.

Let me start by saying, that Cape Breton Highlands National Park should have more overflow camping, or at least campsites that are first come first served. Having everything booked months in advanced is not good. This was was canada 150. I couldn't use my pass because I couldn't camp anywhere near the park. Even the private campgrounds and most motels, hotels, and B&B's were fully booked months ahead. I coulnd't book months ahead. I didn't know if I'd be going on vacation due to my sore head after the MOHS surgery.

On day 4 we woke up to rain. The bit I slept. I was up till almost 3am and got woken up at dusk pretty much. We packed up everything and were out of there by 7AM.  We drove to Neils Harbour and stopped at the Lighthouse/chowder house to go look at the Atlantic. I took many pictures of Seals from this point.  We also saw an RCMP car driving out of Neil's Harbour

Then we drove down to Broadcove, and found out that all sites there and at Igonish Beach were all booked solid. So we went to the Beach at Ingonish and we were to the Beach at Ingonish Beach. We saw an RCMP in Ingonish near the entrance of the park.

Afterwards we decided to head towards Mira River and were thrilled to find out they had at least a spot for us for the next 2 nights but were booked solid for the entire week-end.
United Heritage Church in Sydney

We ended up in Sydney for dinner, we went to the SydneyPort to Flavour on the Water for dinner.

Sydport

From Flavour on the Water at SydPort


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!