Thursday, August 10, 2017

Day 13: We drive to Murray Beach Provincial Park, and visit Amherst Shores Provincial Park



View from our room at the Four Points

I didn't sleep much at the four points. I woke up around 6ish and met Sam alone at CFB Halifax.  Sam wanted to tour me her ship.  So I met her in the dockyard, in the parking lot.  When we attempted to go in, the guy wouldn't allow my car in. So we parked it at the 30 minute parking for getting your pass cards, and she took me to the Glace Bay.

Sam in her room after putting on uniform

On the HMCS Glace Bay

On the HMCS Glace Bay

On the HMCS Glace Bay

Sam showed me around the ship and introduced me to dozens of people. I got to shake hands with a few people.  Also got to see her room and where she works.

Mural in Halifax

There's Canadian Food, Lebanese food and Halifax food :)

Loved the mural here

Halifax near the Harbour

Went back to Four points and Terry had woken up. We packed and left towards Truro and of course Google Maps could not find Atlantic Fabrics in Truro. I called to make sure they were still there.The two top fabrics in photo are mine, left flannel, right dragonfly batik print. Bottom left is a dog flannel print and right is an African cotton print bought as gift for a friend.

Fabrics bought at Atlantic Fabrics in Truro
There was no spots at Parlee Beach but plenty at Murray Beach Provincial Park.  We stopped at Amherst shores Provincial Park and it's probably one of the least nice Nova Scotia Parks. We weren't' impressed and didn't want to stay there. The beach was mostly rocks  

Amherst Shores Provincial Park

Beach at Amherst Shores Provincial Park

Beach at Amherst Shores Provincial Park

Beach at Amherst Shores Provincial Park

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!