Monday, August 07, 2017

Day 10 : Rissers Beach Provinvial Park, Petite Riviere

We woke up and left our room by 10:30 and went to the Atlantic Fabrics in Bedford. Apparently it's a new location that opened since the birth of Mado.  Lady who served me was also born in Montreal and had spent about 28 years living in Montreal, after which she met someone, lived in Edmonton until her mom died and when they decided where they would live, they decided Nova Scotia. She loves it and has had no regrets. 



Bought 4 fabrics that were of matching colours of orange and red. Those are some of my favourite colours and I can see making the dress with 4 different fabrics with this fabric.

4 matching fabrics to make a dress
I also bought a fabric with Dragonfly print and a handkerchief print.
Dragonfly and handkerchief prints.

We drove to Rissers Beach Provincial Park. It has a lovely beach and is an amazing campground Ocean front. However I've never seen bathrooms so bad in all the parks I've visited. The outhouses were the worst I've ever used. They needed cleaning so bad it wasn't even funny. The bathroom in the other campsite that has running water and showers had the worst showers I've seen at a campsite.

Risser's Beach

Risser's Beach


There's a nice beach and boardwalk that goes around a marsh. We walked it in the dark under the full moon and it was awesome.   We stopped in Petite Riviere and had food at Tam's roadside Grill. He had the bacon-cheese burger and I had the Quinoa burger. She has her stand near in the lot next to the General Store in Petite River.
General Store in Petite Riviere

Tam's Road Grill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!