Monday, August 01, 2016

Day 4: Battery Provincial Park

On the way to Panmure Island we stopped in Montague, which has a Pizza Delight that offers a delicious gluten free pizza. I ate half of it right then and there in the truck in the parking lot, and the rest at the campsite. It was awesome. We spent some time at Panmure Island beach and visiting Panmure Island. It's very scenic.



Beach and lighthouse at Panmure Island


Man in water with wagon, clam digging? Oyster fishing in the bay at Panmure Island



The next morning, we figured we'd get the 1pm Ferry from Wood Islands. Every other time I've taken this Ferry has been the early morning one, at 900 AM I think? The Ferry had other plans. When we were to buy our ticket we found out the 1PM Ferry was fully booked and we were put on Standby and did not make the 1pm Ferry.

In the end we made the 4:30 but mostly because someone in our standby line called and made reservations and then got his current ticket refunded. So Terry and I did the same thing to make sure we got the 4Oclock Ferry.

On our way to the Ferry we also stopped at Northumberland Provincial Park. This was the park were were supposed to stay the last night in PEI but we only stayed 3 nights instead of 4.
Beach at Northumberland Provincial Park.

The lighthouse at Wood Islands Ferry

I get teary eyed each time I cross the Canso Causeway.
Once off the Ferry we made our way to Battery Provincial Park near St Peters in Cape Breton.  I was so happy to see the Canso causeway. It's probably my favourite bridge in teh world.   The first time I went to Cape Breton, I left a bit of my heart there, and it will always remain.

Battery Provincial Park

Battery Provincial Park

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!