Sunday, May 01, 2016

Woodpeckers, peck!

I woke up this morning to the pecking of woodpeckers. The funny thing was that after hearing the wood pecker peck, I hear someone drumming imitating the wood pecker! The drummer in him felt the need to repeat the beat and tell me that the woodpecker is extremely precise, it's always exactly the same number of beats in the same pattern.

We went camping at Parc Plaisance because it's the first park to open early in the season. I'd been there before with my daughters also in late April.

This time I did not see beavers, musk rats and ground hogs.  We saw groundhogs, lots of birds, including Turkey Vultures Also saw of course red squirrels and chipmunks.  But the cool part was seeing a Wild Turkey just randomly walking through the next camp site. I followed it a bit to take pictures. It would be easy to kill for dinner that's for sure.We also saw a porcupine high up in a tree eating some leaf buds. It was the weirdest thing. We drive by and he's like, did you see there's something in that tree. We come back and realize it's a porcupine. Did not know porcupines could climb that high!
Old Quarry at Baie Noire, Parc National de Plaisance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!