Wednesday, January 20, 2016

What happened to 99.9 The Buzz????

It used to be a rocking Alternative station, where I could hear the Chili Peppers, Avenged Sevenfold, Sublime, Jane's Addiction, Nirvana, and other awesome bands. It was a station whose market was visibly young men, from teens to their late 20's. Some of the DJ's jokes were tasteless but it went with the territory and type of music being played. I know I'm not the demographic this station is trying to appeal to, but now it appeals even less.


Lately the music is far more mellow and seemed aimed perhaps at getting a female market. Sure the music they play is "alternative" but it seems so mellow now that sometimes I wonder if I'm listening to pop or easy listening. They play Elle King's X's and O's.  Like it was a pop station. Don't get me wrong I like that song from Elle King, but she is not an alternative musician. Her style as per wiki includes COUNTRY, soul, rock and blues... 

Half of the time I'm puzzled and ask myself what station I'm listening to.  Used to find CHOM FM sucked because it only played classic rock and a limited selection. I find CHOM plays a better selection of rock then The Buzz plays Alternative that I like these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!