Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Canada gets painted red

So Canada elected the son of it's favourite son. It also happens that he's being touted as the Worlds sexiest leader.

He's really not my type but I could see how women can consider him attractive. I hated his dad, and did not see the appeal. My mom, while not a big fan of all his politics was a big fan of the man himself. As I age I am starting to see what she saw in him and for sure Justin has some of that charm his dad had.I hope he holds up to his promises. I want to see legal pot in my life time!!!

This is the first time in my life that I voted strategically instead of for what I totally believe in. Like most Quebecois I'm probably closest to the NDP in terms of ideology. But lets face it, if Quebec is very NDP it means the rest of the country isn't. Voting Liberal as a strategy made sure Harper didn't' get back in. Not 100% happy with a Liberal majority, but would have been far less happy with any conservative win.

So for the first time in my life, I've actually voted for the ones in power, and well Mr Trudeau make us proud again to be Canadians!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!