Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Newbie Mistake!

.
My Roots Barron Canyon 4 tent on the platform. Fit perfectly.
Sunset on Grand Lac Touladis
At some point on Tuesday it dawned on me that I had not seen the crate with all the cookware, utensils, dishes etc. In fact it was the one thing we did not put in the canoe Monday night before our dusk crossing on Grand Lac Touladis. There was no way we were canoeing on Tuesday, so we ate and drank pre-prepared stuff, we had brought plenty. I couldn't believe what a newbie mistake that was. But it happens when you are two and trying to go really fast. Besides I always forget at least one thing!!!!

Wednesday we crossed the lake around 10 am and found that thankfully the crate I was missing was in the Truck. I showed my partner the main campground in the Park as well as went looking for where the shower facilities were just so we'd know, as well we went to hike on the Cascade Sutherland trail. Last time I did it, I ended up seeing all sorts of funky dragonflies, but not so much this time. We saw some but nowhere near how many I'd seen on the same trail 2 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!