Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Microsoft does not make it easy for beta testers

In the current beta's of windows 10, Microsoft ignores completely when you check to say "No, let me choose what to do" and "NEVER install driver software from Windows updates" the display driver installs within 2 minutes of being on the network.

Do you have any idea how IRRITATING it is to validate a beta display driver, when it takes about 20 reboots to install. Half of the time I cannot install fast enough, the "in-the-box" driver installs, and installs, and installs. 

If I'm not extra cautious I'll end up validating a WHQL certified driver instead of the one I was asked to test.

Wouldn't it be helpful if Microsoft actually made windows functionality work?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!