Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Mr Cab Driver....

Anyone who knows me knows I'm not fond of Taxi's.

Don't like the drivers, who almost always drive like assholes. Don't like the attitude of most male taxi drivers, and apparently Montreal has had numerous cases of women sexually assaulted by taxi drivers, and it's been kept HUSH HUSH?!?!?!

One of the last times I took a taxi, I was coming from the Pierre Elliot Trudeau Airport in Dorval.  When I got into the car I told the guy I was going to Pierrefonds. I had to stop him from taking the 20 towards downtown.  Then when he realized he wasn't going downtown he drove as slow as possible the entire way back to my place he was surly and he charged me more then the meter said and would not take no for an answer. He asked me for more then I had on me. I went into the house and I had some change in quarters and Loonies, and let me tell you he got paid in the smallest coins I had and I did not hand them to him, I dumped it on his front seat and ran back into the house.

You can find the odd article about it, but the taxi bureau ridicules women who complain. That tells me that WOMEN should not take taxis alone or alternatively, we should do like in Beirut. Have a taxi run by women, driven by women and only FOR women.  This way we'd be less likely to be sexually assaulted.

This woman as per this article, says she is suing because she got assaulted and the driver who assaulted her was suspected in another assault and to this day he still drives a cab!!!!

And for fun including one of my favourite Lenny Kravitz songs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!