Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Still loving my Roots Barron Canyon 4 person tent

I did a review of my tent back in September 2013, when I'd only had it half a season. In 2014 it was the only tent I used. It went with me around Cape Breton, and survived several very windy spots, including Corney Brooke Campsite along the gulf side, and Meat Cove on top of a cliff Atlantic side. It survived both Fundy National Park and Murray beach provincial park in New Brunswick.


Corney Brook. Cape Breton Highlands Provincial Park, Nova Scotia, June 4, 2014


Meat Cove Nova Scotia, June 6th, 2014


The tiny orange spot is tent at Meat Cove Nova Scotia, June 2014

Murray Beach Provincial Park, New Brunswick, June 12, 2014. Tiny orange spot is tent!


Rideau River Provincial Park, Ontario, August 2014
Lac Vert, Quebec,  Labour Day week-end 2014 after torrential rainfall
It's also been to Reserve Faunique Portneuf in May of 2014, a festival in late June at Whispering Pines in Ontario, and another one in August.  Other then that it's been to Rideau River Provincial Park also in Ontario, as well as in the Gatineau region of Quebec to a wilderness camping-canoe trip.  I've used it alone, with my daughter, with a friend and with 2 friends.   The alcove has been used several times by my friends Husky who loved fact she can just scoot in and out since there is no floor.

I've seen no signs of degradation, and looking forward to using it a lot in the 2015 camping season, hopefully as early as April. It's a 3 season tent and the inside of the fly is made of reflective material that seems awesome to keep the heat in. I've never been cold in this tent, alone or with others.

The last time I used it, I had to hang it on the clothes line for a day or two to let it air out and dry. I really didn't feel like putting it up in my yard. It does fine on the clothes line, by putting the fly  on one part of the line and the tent further down. Both were good to put away in the bag until spring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!