Friday, January 02, 2015

I'm such a fool

This guy I met on POF back in September, I get the feeling he's had a fun time stringing me along.

December 19th, the day my vacation started he said it was great to be on vacation that he'd see me a couple of times at least.

What a load of hogwash. I got exactly ONE FUCKING text message from him since the 19th.

Yep. Couldn't even be bothered to send me messages during his vacation.I can't believe I bought into his story. What a fucking naive idiot I have been.

The sad part is I like the guy. But at this point I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

You know when you tell someone you have trust issues and they do exactly what it takes to make them worse.

I mean I didn't want an intense relationship where you spend 24-7, 7 days a week with someone. I thought wanting to see someone about once a week and talk most days would be sufficient. Along with the odd week-end camping or canoeing trip.

But apparently that's too much too ask.

Apparently I'm at the very bottom of things that matter for him.

You'd think at my age I wouldn't be played like a fool, but apparently there's no fool like an old fool.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:42 am

    I just read your post and I have a few things I want you to know. I never string anyone along, let alone a wonderful soul such as yourself, that's not who i am. Everything I told you about myself and my situation is the truth, I never lied to you, not once. Christmas was a hectic, stressful mess and once it was over I was on a train bound for the Maritimes. I am very sorry if I hurt you, it was never my intention. You are a remarkable woman and I truly wish I was able to spend a lot more time with you, you deserve to be held, cared for and loved.
    I had sincere hopes of seeing you several times over the holidays but it just was impossible. My loss.
    I also hope you dont let this affect you too much as you truly deserve to be happy and secure in a relationship with someone. You said something in another blog post awhile back.. "Right guy, wrong time". I think that's the one that fits best.
    I still hope to continue developing our friendship as I rarely have met anyone that shared so many common interests with me but I do understand where your coming from and I never want to see you hurting.

    Sincerely
    "The POF guy"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all very nice that you had good intentions towards me....

    However a good intention is meaningless unless followed through.

    You're a dreamer. You mean well, but without the follow through you're just another jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:20 pm

    There is one thing for not being able to see someone,, (I have been in several long distance relationships - my last one lasting for 5 years before we were finally able to move in with one another - daily communication, even if it was just a text - goodnight sleep well was VITAL) being able to see some one is often not possible....

    What isn;t cool is lack of communication. If there is no communication there is NO relationship. If promises are made, then broken, then avoided... that sounds a lot liker stringing some one along..... and is TOTALLY unfair to the other party....

    just my two cents

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:33 pm

    I'm with anonymous. It takes exactly 2 secomnds to msg someone if you really want to. Even just a hi or sorry I've been busy means at least you cared enough to think about that person, even if only for 2 seconds.

    Sounds like POF dude has the world's largest ball of string.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment!