Monday, January 12, 2015

Girls, Girls, Girls

Nope not talking about the Motley Crue Song.

I've been watching Girls for a while now. At first it was like watching a train wreck but I couldn't help myself. Mostly because I didn't want to see how stupid one can be as a 20 something female in a large city. I was not much better at that age.

I like the TV show Girls even more after knowing it is written by a 20-something woman, Lena Dunham, for whom I have a lot of admiration.

It sucks what when someone is as outspoken as she is that the backlash is phenomenal. It's like they want to silence her. Interesting article I read this morning about Lena Denham.   I will be hunting down her book. Dunno if my local library will have it or if I'll have to buy it, but I want to read it.

Hate speech comes in all forms.  It amazes me the backlash against a young articulate woman, but EVERYONE Is CHARLIE, and that's mostly hate speech.

Just sayin....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!