Thursday, November 27, 2014

New lcd to replace my dead LG

At some point in April one of my two lcds just died.  It was an LG, the W2253w which had vga, dvi  & hdmi connections. Used the hdmi as tv with laptop.

I has decided I wanted to replace it with a Philips but wasn't sure if i wanted it to have hdmi or displayport.  The new one I picked up today has both so it wont matter.  Its the Philips 242G5DJEB 24" lcd that displays at 1920x1080, and I got it at Canada Computers for $289 plus tax. It was $299 at Tiger Direct, and you'd have had to add shipping. Everywhere else this LCD is going for $320+

Funny too I went Monday to Canada Computers and they had none available I even got a call to tell me that  there was none in any of the stores, and yet today I get email to pick it up. Now have to clear the desk to set it up.  I was too lazy to do that tonight.

It's more monitor then I need. I know this, but working with high end LCDs at work gives me serious monitor envy. Besides, it's not like I've bought myself a TV in easily 10 years, so what if I splurge in an LCD. I'm a geek. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!