Monday, November 03, 2014

It's 3am and I'm awake, again.

I fell asleep while taking a break cutting out a dress last night. Woke up around 2:15am realizing I had not finished cutting the dress, but had the feeling I had, meaning I dreamed I finished it.

Yesterday afternoon I wanted to return to Fabricville to pick up a Batik print that would be wearable in winter and would match this grey novelty knit with a lace overlay.  I was in a shop until you drop mood. The Batik was the one expensive piece of fabric I bought at $11.99/m,  I bought 2 meters. All other fabric was $2-$4 a meter, from the cheap wall. Found some blue cotton fabric as well as a paisley rayon print that will be fine for making medieval dresses. Also found a few more novelty knits   and picked up 3 different flannels ranging from $2-$4 a meter. In the end I had a 2 huge bags of fabric for $100 with taxes. If I'd been in this type of mood and had bought clothes, my credit card would have suffered far more. Bonus, enough fabric to keep me busy until Easter 2015 :)

Spent most of the afternoon and early evening washing fabrics and shrinking them in the dryer, mine and my friend who has no washer/dryer in her apartment. She visited with her 2 toy/miniature poodles. Kept the cats puzzled, what are those small creatures, not cats wandering around the house?

In other news I finished a red rayon/polyester knit dress yesterday, and am halfway through a viscose knit dress. Dug out a pattern from the mid 90's that I remember had a nice fit to use with a knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!