Saturday, October 04, 2014

I love the new Lenovo 4K monitors

Though I have no need for a 4K anything, the product I'm working on supports 4k panels and this means they have to be tested. So we bought several models. The Dell UP2414Q, the Samsung  U28D590D, and the Lenovo Thinkvision Pro2840m.  I kept the Lenovo ones to put on my bench. They are fussy, but once you get them going they are gorgeous. In DP 1.2 at 3840x2460@60hz  :D

I'll quantify. The Dell panels are dual glass. The Samsung panels have really crappy stands, no VESA mount, external power supplies, and I could go on.  The Lenovo's in comparison are just gorgeous aesthetically and work well once they warm up.


Bottom 3 are Lenovo Thinkvision Pro2840m in 4K mode, running 4K videos
Thursday and Friday I moved the top 8 LCD's on this bench to the top 2 shelves so I could add the 4K Lenovo's.  And also had to raise cables of my 2 displaywalls and my other 2 benches because this week-end was the floor waxing week-end, which happens every 3-5 yearsi. You can't have anything below 6inches from the floor otherwise it gets caked in wax. We had to take out all the chairs and all the 3drawer cabinets my employees have to store stationary, paperwork and random hardware.  We found 4k sized dust bunnies under some of the benches.  I was so exhausted when I got home from work yesterday.  Floor waxing is really taxing for employees of test departments, where we accumulate enormous amounts of equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!