Monday, October 20, 2014

A dress with a blue Ponte type knit.

McCalls M6889 and a blue Ponte type knit

Dress made with blue Ponte type knit and McCalls M6889
I got this knit on St Hubert street in a store where every fabric was $1.99 a meter. I took whatever was left on the roll, which was a little less then 2Ms.  I decided that I was making this knit dress with this blue fabric a month ago and cut the pattern pieces. When I started to sew it Saturday I realized I was missing 2 panels. I had to improvise the last 2 panels with the fabric scraps remaining. I also had to wait till Fabricville opened Sunday at noon, to pick up a zipper for it.   I managed to still make a nice dress. Really like the pattern. I had to make a few adjustments, the back neck was gaping.  Will be making other dresses from this pattern.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part of this picture is how you are precariously perched on the edge of your bathtub

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment!