Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Sunscreen gives me rashes.

I may have blogged before that the last 2 or 3 years after I go out in the sun I end up with rashes, and sometimes even bumpy skin that looks like hives.  I hadn't figured out if it was the Sunblock lotion and/or the bug spray or just the sun alone.

One of the products I was using as sunscreen was Ombrelle 60SPF spray-on sports lotion. After a nasty rash a few weeks back I had gone and bought 2 other suncreens aimed at babies, with no smells and aimed at infants. I can't remember which of the 2 I tried and ended up again with a rash and bumpy skin a few weeks ago

So for this 5 day camping trip I decided to use NOTHING. No sun screen, no bug spray.  I did end up with a bit of a sunburn on my face, especially my nose. I also burned my shoulders, my neck/cleavage area [with my pendant making a dragonfly mark on my skin] and also surprisingly my legs. Probably from sitting in the canoe.  I was in the sun mostly on Friday and Monday canoeing.  The burn was just tolerable, it wasn't a really bad burn, all I needed was a bit of noxema. The only place I will be shedding skin is my nose.

I am very freckled and a touch burned, but NO RASHES, no itching. No bumps!!!!

I may have to forgo sunscreen and think ahead. If I go canoeing for many hours, top with shoulders, and a hat. Do back like I did when I was a child and we had no sunscreen.  Also find shade when there is shade on days I'm out all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!