Sunday, September 07, 2014

I found a 16ft Sportspal canoe - double ended.

I found it for $400 on Kijiji.  Not only is it a double ended, birch bark coloured Sportspal, the biggest sister of my 12ft, but it also came with wooden seats, that were added to canoe, a support for the motor, an electric 24 lbs thrust motor, a battery, and anchor and even foams to put canoe on car.

Paddles, battery, motor, and anchor

close-up on the motor

Close-up on battery markings

Anchor

16 ft Sportspal canoe

The support to hold the motor and one of the wooden seats
The 4 foam things
The canoe was bought new in 2005, so it's 9ish years old. It's in some ways in better condition then my 12ft.

I love it the folks who sold it to me, a retired couple probably 15 years older then me,  wished me as much enjoyment with the canoe as they had.   This is exactly what I wished the couple who bought my old 16ft fibreglass canoe.

I just need to add rope to both the front end and the back end of the canoe in the holes meant for rope. Wonder if I can get hot pink rope big enough for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!