Monday, September 08, 2014

I cooked and baked this week-end

Other then picking up a canoe in Lanoraie yesterday, I also made 2 dishes.  One is called protein power Goddess bowl, and the other was a middle-eastern inspired beet salad. Both gluten free of course.
Beet salad
I made the protein power Goddess bowl yesterday as opposed to today because the friend that drove with me to pick up the canoe, was going to need lunch before driving.  We both loved the dish and it was quite filling. I had some today for lunch.  I will be posting the recipe sometime this  week.

Protein power Goddess bowl

I also cooked up some gluten free gnocci I picked up at Adonis. Very yummy. This might be good to bring camping/canoe camping, especially if I can manage dehydrated sauce.

Today I started by making chickpea salad. With pomegranate, and onions that sweated.

Chickpea salad
Next I made gluten free banana bread. Today I replaced the corn flour by sorgho or sorghum flour. I also added as extra ingredients: lemon zest, grated unsweetened coconut, raisins, diced black mission figs, and crumbled walnuts.  I also used a container of unsweetened applesauce in lieu of any sugar.Sadly I didn't have plain applesauce, so this one is strawberry-kiwi.   All I can say is that it is delicious. Very addictive.  I want to eat it all in one sitting.  This seems to be a problem with a lot of my cooking.

Gluten Free banana bread
After stuffing my face on banana bread, which is just out of this world I made a vegetable chili. Which I will put on a bed of some form of gluten free noodles.

Vegetable chili
Later I made a curried lentil stew.

Curried lentil stew
Lastly I made a potato & chickpea curry, mostly because I had a cauliflower that really needed to be used like today. And I know I won't cook for days after this blitz.

potato & chickpea curry
 My freezer once I was done:

Freezer filled with food

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!