Monday, September 22, 2014

Dress I finished Sunday night.

Simplicity 1623 made with  cotton stretch knit bodice and woven skirt.

Simplicity 1623
The dress I finished this week-end I started back in April.  I figured since it's not a summer dress, I wouldn't wear it over the summer so I made many between the start and end of this one. As well I had the skirt part completed in April it was the bodice I struggled with. 

You can't tell but the pleats on the left don't match those on the right of the bodice.  I had all sorts of issues putting the sleeves on and I had to redo them twice.

But it's finished, and I just love it.   I'm going to be making several other dresses with this pattern. some just like this one, half knit, half woven, requiring a zipper, or all knit, which requires no zipper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!