Thursday, August 28, 2014

Wilderness here I come!

Today I am going canoe-camping in the Gatineau region. Will be camping somewhere around Lac Vert, the one that you can portage to from Reservoir du Poisson Blanc.  I'm specifying it because there is another Lac Vert not that far away from the one we are going to.

We will go to Lac Ste Marie, and then continue to some small road that will take us to a parking lot on the edge of Lac des Bagnoles. [I always wonder if the lake has an old car graveyard].  From that lake we will go to Lac des Roches, and then make our way to Lac Vert, which has one of the most beautiful shades of green for a lake in Quebec.

This time we hope to camp at the further end of the lake, not on the really big islands.  I'm so excited. I love canoe-camping, and this time I'm even canoeing solo. I'm going with a couple but paddling my own canoe.

Which reminds me one of my favourite sayings "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe".

I'm waiting to go meet my friends in Hawksbury and then head over to the Gatineau area. I'm so hyper right now, I can't wait to leave!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!